Hessel Meleich sent me this list. Most are not on the list of other people.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (20 seconds minimum time). This destroys the lipids on the surface of the virus.
- Keep a distance of at least 6 feet (one metre) away from another person
- Wear a mask and take it off only touching the ear pieces. This is to prevent coughing on people.
- The mask also prevents you from touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Keep a pot of soup in your fridge. Drink half a cup every hour to lubricate your throat and keep your body warm
- Do 15 minutes exercise per day as it keeps your oxygen flowing through your body. There are lots of exercise sites on UTube. Spend time in the sun and fresh air. The virus does not like the hot sun.
- If you go to the supermarket buy double the amount of food as this means that you shop less.
- Pay by card and not money as the notes carry a lot of infection. Preferably use rubber gloves or plastic over your hands so that you are not touching the money or credit card.
- Eat fresh fruit vegetables etc. Always wash the fruit and vegetables before eating
- Watch WHO (World Health Organization) and the Minister of health Dr. Lawrence Mkhize who is giving a daily report on SABC
- If you experience cough, high temp and pain in the chest call a doctor.
- It will take at least to Sept to develop a vaccine.
- Flu vaccine will only have effect on the flu virus. This is your choice.
- We all had polio and BCG vaccine against TB and this is a big plus. Our resistance is constantly working against the TB bacteria in South Africa. This is NOT a full protection.
- Keep vigilant and stay home
Some good advice for movies to watch
Last night I watched the 1993 film Shadowlands. The film stars the well-known actor Anthony Hopkins as C. S. Lewis and deals with subjects about G-d, suffering, and love. The film is about the romantic relationship between Lewis and an American Jewish poet Joy Davidman who is dying with cancer. It is no exaggeration to say that every film with Anthony is better than the last. The last being The Two Popes on Netflix (the former is on YouTube). Both have great story-telling.
Our grateful thanks – and our simple, but sincere message to you, please stay safe.
Diana and Grahame Reynolds
Thank you, Rabbi and Hessel Meleich for share this advice. I would add to sanitize any groceries that come in a package. Let them sit in an isolated room for a few days (if they do not need refrigerated). Thanks for sharing this important information.