One of our readers sent this joke:
The medical community is unable to reach consensus on what to do with America’s health insurance situation.
– The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
– The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
– Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
– Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!” while the Pediatricians said, “Oh, grow up!”
– The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.
– Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.
– The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would “put a whole new face on the matter.”
– The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
– Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no.
In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.